B4 Village: for Birth, Babies, Boobs & Beyond
To improve early family life from preconception through the first three years of a child’s life.
To provide a safe, nurturing space in which to offer community, education, and services for early family life in Spring-Ford and the surrounding communities.
- Education: We believe the most successful outcomes are obtained through having access to evidence-based information in correlation with the ancient wisdom and traditions surrounding pregnancy, birth, and parenting.
- Empowerment: We believe in not just educating, but empowering families to make the healthiest and most sustainable choices for themselves.
- Equal access: We believe that all families should be able to access support, safety, and services regardless of their socioeconomic status (SES).
- Respect for personal beliefs: We believe in encouraging all families to integrate their family, culture of origin, and spiritual practices into their experiences with us.
- Inclusivity: We believe in welcoming all types of families into our space, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, immigration status, partnership status, etc.
- Mindfulness-based: We believe that the practice of mindfulness enhances the gestational, birth, and parenting processes.
About our Founders
Karen Meade, RN, IBCLC, LCCE, CPST, is a longtime Spring-Ford resident and parent of 3 nearly grown children. She has dedicated the last 15-plus years toward working to improve the lives of pregnant people, parents, and babies in her roles as a pediatric registered nurse, board-certified lactation consultant, Lamaze-certified childbirth educator, and certified child passenger safety technician. Her special interests include the use of mindfulness/meditation during pregnancy and labor, supporting breastfeeding/chestfeeding infants with compromised sucking skills, and teaching prenatal yoga and infant massage classes. She believes that every parent deserves access to a local village community of like-minded parents who can empower and support them in their pregnancy, birthing, breastfeeding/chestfeeding/bottle-feeding, and parenting journeys. She feels that offering access to the perfect balance of evidence-based information and ancient wisdom is the best way to support and empower expectant, new, and growing families of all types. She is thrilled to have partnered with Molly Modica, LMFT, to bring such a village to Royersford and the surrounding community at B4 Village.
Molly Modica, LMFT is a Licensed Marriage and Family therapist in the state of PA. Her work as a family and play therapist led her to intensive studies in child development. She has been practicing Mindfulness-Based Play Family Therapy for more than 10 years. She has lived both as a working and pumping mama and a mostly home mama. “As more birthing people begin to share their experiences, it became clear that there just is not enough out there to give new parents the mental health support that they need during one of the biggest transitions they will ever experience.” She developed Birth Retold a method for birthing people to process their experiences, as a reaction to her own experiences as a birther in a sometimes broken system and as a response to the skyrocketing maternal mortality rate and medical abuses that birthers are experiencing in our country. She recognized that as a parent to a fresh tiny human, we don’t have weeks upon weeks to put the pieces back together. We have to patch things up quickly and get to a place where we can be active and fully present for our children. B4 Village is a realization of a long-time dream to create a safe community where we can build each other up and tackle this crazy parenting journey stronger together.
About our Board Members
Our board is made up of amazing people who volunteer their time to help promote B4Village and keep it running as smoothly as possible.
President: Karen Meade
Vice President: Molly Modica
Treasurer: Kendra Scheesley
Members: Tracey Long Franey, Ashlee Fadjoh, Amy Bilotta, Megan B Webb