To book an individual service click here.
B4 Village offers individual consultation for a variety of services including:
Click on an item above to learn more about each individual service.
Members of B4 Village get a 10% discount. For more about membership
An individual appointment with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). An IBCLC is an allied health care provider who can evaluate and recommend a care path to resolve or improve breastfeeding/chestfeeding issues. A lactation visit includes:
- A detailed history of parent and infant
- An assessment of anatomy, including the lactating breast and the baby’s oral cavity
- Observation of a feeding for evaluation of technique and effectiveness
- Recommendations to improve and/or resolve issues and reach individual feeding goals
- A written and/or oral care plan to improve breastfeeding/chestfeeding concerns
Developed by an occupational therapist, the TummyTime!™ Method helps baby and parents to love tummy time.
- Increase bond and attachment
- Reduce colic
- Optimize physical and neurological development
- Improve digestion/gas
- Improve torticollis and plagiocephaly, or help to avoid a head turning preference or flat head.
“Consider a one-on-one consultation if you notice any of the following during TummyTime!™”
The KEY TO SUCCESS with this Method is the repetition and consistency, which help baby’s nervous system feels safe and supported.
It’s best to do the TummyTime! ™ Method everyday, several times a day to build rich brain connections. This promotes spending time quality time playing together, as well as nurturing developmental and regulatory skills.
Prenatal and postnatal massage
Certified in pregnancy and postnatal massage. Introductory offer of a 60 minute massage for only $50.
An individual session with a Babywearing educator.
Bring your own carrier, sling or wrap from home and get help learning how to use properly, optimize comfort and maximize safety. Access our babywearing resource library and try different carrier styles to help inform a purchase (as some carriers are a significant investment.) Use our weighted dolls to safely practice new skills before adding a wiggly baby. Bring your partner in for no additional charge. A babywearing consultation can also be a helpful tool prenatally to learn about the benefits of babywearing and inform your gift registry selections.
Individual, Family, Couples and Play Therapy
Our mental health professionals can assist you in achieving your personal and family mental wellness goals. We specialize in all aspects of mental wellness in regards to adjusting to early family life including:
- Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Difficulty adjusting to parenthood
- Mindful Parenting Coaching
- Couples conflict resolution
- Sibling adjustment
- Managing mental wellness during the child-bearing year.
- Mindfulness based Play-Family Therapy for 3-10 year olds
For more information about Therapy at B4 Village email email@example.com
Physical training for pregnancy or postpartum fitness
Schedule a one-on-one session with a certified personal trainer to build strength for pregnancy or recover postpartum. Get a personally tailored fitness plan to achieve your physical wellness goals to live a fit and active life. Postpartum parents can bring their pre-crawling infant along to training sessions.
Birth Retold: An individual sand-tray therapy experience for processing birth and family decision making
Process your birth in a safe and meaningful way through sand-tray therapy. Typically taking 3-5 sessions, Birth Retold sand-tray therapy for birth processing is an experiential therapy that allows individuals and couples to process their birth story. Whether your birth was as expected, your birth significantly varied from your birth plan in an unexpected way, or you experienced trauma or abuse during the birthing process, sand-tray therapy can help you make sense of what happened and process the events in a way that can help you move forward into your parenting journey.
- birth trauma
- unexpected interventions for the birther
- baby in NICU or required/unexpected interventions for baby
- processing a previous miscarriage or loss
- difficulties with breastfeeding/chestfeeding
Also helpful in assisting with problem-solving and decision-making:
- returning to work vs. extending leave
- managing unexpected challenges in the breastfeeding/chestfeeding journey
- making parenting choices with differing partner views
- next steps in a fertility journey
- birthing at home, at a free-standing birth center or in a hospital
CranioSacral therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the craniosacral system. The craniosacral system consists of the membranes and fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Using a light, soft touch, CranioSacral practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the function of the central nervous system. By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST serves as a preventive health measure to address multiple issues including:
- chronic neck and back pain
- infant feeding difficulties
- motor-coordination impairments
- learning disabilities
- chronic fatigue
- emotional difficulties
- stress and tension-related problems
- orthopedic problems
- concussion and traumatic brain injuries
- spinal cord injuries
- fibromyalgia and other connective tissue disorders
- temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJD)
- neurovascular or immune disorders
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- post-surgical dysfunction